View Our Syllabus Click Here
Avid Health Educational Services: LVN 100% Online Refresher Course
Course Title: LVN 100% Online Refresher Course
Skills Practicum Hours: Zero for this course. If you would like hands on skills practice, please view out Hybrid course
Prerequisites: Current LVN License; If your nursing license is suspended please contact your Board of Nursing before signing up for this course to ensure it is accepted. Your Nursing License will be verified
This self-paced course is designed for LVN’s who have been away from the bedside for at least 6 months and need to refresh their clinical skills related to the nurse’s role within the clinical setting. This course will address nursing care issues from a physiologic, pathophysiologic, and psychosocial context. Students will be presented with up-to-date knowledge, which will allow them to think critically and reason through clinical situations.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the role of the LVN in different Healthcare settings
- Describe the basic concepts of nursing including healthcare delivery, health education, nursing process, and health promotion.
- List 3 concepts and challenges regarding patient management, such as fluid and electrolyte balance and distribution, and pain management.
- Describe the role of the nurse in various peri-operative settings and the nurse’s impact on patient safety.
- Discuss aspects of cancer care and special nursing needs of patients with cancer.
- Discuss how scientific evidence improves the relevance and efficacy of nursing skills.
- Describe the six steps of evidence-based practice.
- Discuss ways to apply evidence in nursing practice.
- Describe the importance of identifying outcomes in the evaluation after evidence-based practice has been implemented.
- Demonstrate how to competently and safely perform the skills of admitting, transferring and discharging patients.
- Describe and demonstrate how to establish the nurse-patient relationship using therapeutic communication.
- Describe how to communicate with a cognitively impaired patient.
- Describe the importance of communicating with colleagues.
- Safely prioritize patients within a simulated environment
- Safely perform the following: Giving a hand-Off report, documenting nurses’ progress notes, adverse event reporting, proper delegation
- Discuss guidelines related to electronic health record (EHR) and HIPAA.
- Describe the LVN’s role within the interdisciplinary team
Course Materials: Videos will upload to the learner’s dashboard within 10 mins of purchase
Course Attendance Policy: This course is 100% online
Examination Policy: Students will complete a final exam prior to completing this course
Teaching Method: Information will be taught to students using a variety of methods.
- Skills videos demonstration: Students will receive a step by step guide on how to complete each skill
- Videos, Audio and written Case Studies: Case studies will be used to assess the student’s level of critical thinking in a variety of patient situations see examples below.